„Tarptautinis maratonas“ together with Trakai municipality organise “HONDA Trakai Triathlon” 2017 on July 2, 2017.
During the event, amateurs and professionals will be able to compete in these events:
Olympic distance– participants have to swim 1,5 km, ride a bike 40 km and run 10 km.
Half Olympic distance – participants have to swim 0,750 km, ride a bike 20 km and run 5 km.
Relay race: Olympic distance – 3 participants together in a team will have the ability to share the event: first one has to swim 1,5 km, second team member has to ride a bike 40 km and third one has to run 10 km. A member of the team can only participate in one of the previously mentioned parts of the event.
Relay race: Half Olympic distance – 3 participants together in a team will have the ability to share the event: first one has to swim 0,750 km, second team member has to ride a bike 20 km and third one has to run 5 km. A member of the team can only participate in one of the previously mentioned parts of the event.
III. PLACE AND TIME
Triathlon and “Lietuvos paštas” relay race start at 8:00 a.m. in Trakai.
Half Olympic distance triathlon and relay race start at 12:00 a.m. in Trakai
Start place: Trakai Castle Sightseeing Square (54.649535, 24.931006)
IV. TIME LIMIT
For Olympic distance triathlon you have to cross the finish line within 6 hours and not later.
For Half Olympic distance triathlon you have to cross the finish line within 3 hours and not later.
- This competition is open to everyone at least 15 years of age, who has filled out registration form, checked their health and confirmed it by completing the registration process. 15-18 years old participants have to bring written parents‘s permission to participate and give it to staff members of the event. Without the previously mentioned permission participation will be forbidden. All participants are taking part in triathlons by free will, nobody is forcing them and they accept all the risk related with triathlon (a variety of health problems, etc.) and undertakes that they will not be claiming against the organizers of the triathlon. Participants picking up their bib numbers must present an identity document.
- Every participant of “HONDA Trakai Triathlon” by registering to the event agrees that event organizers may use all photo and video content made during the event for its marketing purposes without any additional request of permission.
- By registering every participant agrees to receive emails and SMS regarding VšĮ “Tarptautinis maratonas” events.
- A participant of Olympic distance and Half Olympic distance triathlon relay can only participate in one team and perform only one stage. Each team member is being registred separately, specifiyng his\hers event and the team name. Team members may be of different sexes.
VI. SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- You can register to any event using only YOUR name. You are not allowed to give your bib number to another participant. In this case, participants will be disqualified, and the results will not included in the official competition protocol.
- All participants have to attach bib number by themselves. A sticker with participant’s number has to be put on the right side of a bicycle and on the front side of the helmet.
- The competitors are not allowed to have any personal escort on the race course. Breaking this rule will disqualify the participant.
- During the event, animals are not allowed on the race course .
- Every triathlon participant must attach an electronic timing chip. Participants who have not attached or improperly attached an electronic timing chip will not have their time be recorded, and such participants will not be included in the event protocol.
- During the race competitors are not allowed to use any kind of earphones.
- Competitors are not allowed to deviate from the race course (without the permission of the judge). Participants who will break this rule will be disqualified.
- Any claims must be submitted in written form to the senior judge of this competition no later than 30 minutes after the end of the competition with 30 EUR deposit. Deposit will be given back in a case of claim being resolved in favor of the participant.
- Results of “HONDA Trakai Triathlon” are based on official race time.
VII. RACE COURSE AND ITS ZONES
TRANSIT ZONE BEFORE THE START
- Only athletes with the bib numbers will be allowed to the transition area. Before entering the transition area judge will checks the helmet, a bicycle wheel and brake construction. If they are not in order participant is not allowed to enter the transition area.
- The swimming equipment (glasses, caps, swimming suits) should be neatly placed to the inventory boxes placed by the organizers in the dressing area. If the inventory is not put into the box, after each intraction your time will be suspended for 15 seconds before the bike race.
- Transit zone for Olympic distance participants opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 7:45 a.m. on July 3rd.
- Transit zone for Half Olympic distance participants opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 11:45 a.m. on July 3rd.
- When water temperature is below 15.9 °C, wearing a swimming costume is obligatory. When water temperature is below 22°C participants can swim without such costume.
- While swimming in the open water it is forbidden to cross the marked race course. Participants who act as such or not finish the swimming course, will be disqualified.
TRANSIT AREA FROM SWIMMING RACE TO BICYCLE RACE:
- When you run from the swimming finish place to the bicycle changing zone, you are not allowed to drop swimming equipment (glasses, cap, swimming suit). Each time you act as such, your time will be suspended for 15s before the bicycle race.
- Before touching the bike, the participant must wear a helmet. Having a helmet is obligatory. Participants who will not have a helmet will be disqualified.
- Start number must be put before leaving for the bicycle race. Before you start riding the bicycle – the start number must be on your back.
- You are only permitted to sit on the bicycle only after the end of the line that marks tranzit zone.
- “Drafting” is not allowed to all bicycle types. Participants can use all kinds of bicycles except electric ones. Clip-on handlebars and “disc” wheels are allowed.
- If during the bicycle race participant’s bib number is not on the back of the participant, one is being stopped for 15s and has to put the bib number correctly.
- During the event, participants have to keep the distance: 3m from sides, 12m from behind. Regrouping should not take more than 20s.
THE TRANSIT ZONE FROM BICYCLE’S RACE TO RUNNING RACE
- When You finish bicycle race, You must dismount before a line of the transit zone.
- You are able to unbuckle the safety helmet only after placing the bike. If the bicycle is placed in a wrong location, or items are discarded around the bike – the competitor is punished by time suspension for 15 seconds before the running race.
- The start number must be in the front, you cannot run with a bicycle helmet or without shoes.
- To run side by side (or behind) is able only one sex. Different sex members must keep the distance: 2 m from the side and 5 m on the back.
- If you make first infraction you will be punished by time suspension for 15s. If you make an infraction of the rules for the second time, you will be disqualified.
- If the participant will not change the number on the front, he must stop for 15 seconds and must change number position.
- The participants are allowed to unfasten the triathlon race suit, but not to take off clothing from the shoulder. For first infraction the participant will be stopped for 15s, the second time the participant will be disqualified.
Disqualification is announced when the judge lifts a red card.
- Triathlon‘s winners will be awarded with “HONDA Trakai Triathlon” 2017 medals and diplomas.
- All the participants will be awarded with special medals of the event
IX. REGISTRATION FEES
|until April 4th||until June 24th||until July 3rd|
1,5 km swimming,
40 km cycling,
10 km running
|40 EUR||50 EUR||60 EUR|
|“Lietuvos paštas” relay*
1,5 km swimming,
40 km cycling,
10 km running
|60 EUR||75 EUR||87 EUR|
|Half olympic distance
0,750 km swimming,
20 km cycling,
5 km running
|20 EUR||25 EUR||30 EUR|
|*Team relay: Half Olympic distance
0,750 km swimming,
20 km cycling,
5 km running
|30 EUR||38 EUR||44 EUR|
*Registration fee for the team (3 members.)
- Participants can change the course which was selected during the registration. In case of re-registration, please notify the organizers via the e-mail address of email@example.com. The fee is 5 EUR plus the registration fee for the new registration (total=new registration fee minus already paid registration fee plus 5 EUR for the change). Changing the name, club/team name or any other information costs 5 EUR.
- All changes can only be done before June 26, 2017.
- All changes in registration form are performed after participant makes a payment and informs the organizers of the event via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participant must attach a copy of the payment and state clearly what information in the registration form he or she wants to change. Details for the payment:
Name of the company: VšĮ „Tarptautinis maratonas“
Address: Čiurlionio 84B-60, Vilnius
Legal code: 300561278
VAT code: LT100008891011
Bank account number: LT957400040679823810
Bank code: 74000
Bank: Danske Bank A/S Lietuvos filialas
X. PARTICIPANTS REGISTRATION AND NUMBER PROVISION
- All the participants can register on the website www.trakutriatlonas.lt until July 1, 2017.
- On July 1 registration will be available 5:00-6:00 p.m. at the triathlon briefing place in Trakai. July 2nd 6:30-7:30 a.m. at the registration counter in Trakai. Registration and number pick-up closes 30min until start of selected race.
- Participant, who have correctly filled the registration form and payed the entrance fee will be included to the start protocol.
- Race briefing will be held on July 1, 6 p.m. at Trakai Castle Sightseeing Square (54.649535, 24.931006).
- 300 first registered participants for individual Olympic and Half-Olympic races will receive “HONDA Trakai Triathlon” T-shirts during the package pick up.
XI. CHANES TO THE RULES
Organizes reserve the right to make changes to the rules.